If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I Think I'm Getting a Cold Bits


SMALL PRESS SPOTLIGHT: PAULA BOHINCE
*
Runny nose. Red eyes. Sneezing. Oh oh. I'm getting sick.
*
John Olivares Espinoza has a new web site, and a blog.
*
I just bought.
The latest issue of Poets and Writers.
The latest issue of American Poetry Review. Dana Levin needs a haircut.
Ted Berrigan's Collected Poems
*
I've seen a lot of crappy films recently: The Strangers, Get Smart, The Happening, and The Love Guru..
*
Now this is a hot author photo. I'm turned on.
*
Dear Mexican: Whenever I have an immigration debate with my Chicano hermanos who support open borders and get angry at any type of immigration control, they don’t seem to understand the basic laws of economics, such as the fact that migrant workers who pick fruit, work in construction and do other blue-collar jobs can never demand wage increases as long as a steady flow of their friends keeps coming up from the homeland. Will somebody please remind them that Cesar Chavez was against illegal immigration because it ruined his union’s chances of controlling the labor market, unionizing and demanding better pay?
*
Adam Levine. Wow. I haven't been this turned on since Mizz Rebecca Loudon.
*
The cover of the promotional copy of “My Index of Slightly Horrifying Knowledge,” Paul Guest’s second collection of poems, asks “What do John Ashbery, Louise Glück, Jorie Graham, Robert Hass, Mary Karr, Campbell McGrath, and Mark Strand have in common?” The answer, inside: “They all admire Paul Guest’s new book of poems.” As far as seduction rituals go, this blurb is the poetry equivalent of inviting you to a sleepover at the Playboy mansion.
*

6 comments:

Steven D. Schroeder said...

Dammit, I'm going to have to come up with an author photo you think is hot, now.

Radish King said...

You little minx.
r

newzoopoet said...

Um, what??

Collin said...

Damn, Ms. Loudon is a foxy lady.

Diana Marie Delgado said...

That's a beautiful pic, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Pal, thanks for finding my blog and site. I'm still new at all this and I'm trying to get accustomed to it (and writing often). I put you down on my blog roll; you're the first! Hope you do the same!

John O. Espinoza