If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Interesting

The true MFA hood is brown velvet, with your school colors on the inside. (OSU= scarlet and grey). people were mixed with what gown i should get but the people at the bookstore (and about 5 other graduation companies) told me to get the black gown, with black chevrons that indicate the terminal degree. the dk blue lining of the hood or blur chevrons would indicate a doctorate, and since I don't have one, they thought black gown with black chevrons would be appropriate for the MFA.

My MFA school colors: black and yellow. Yuck!

What are your MFA school colors?

5 comments:

Radish King said...

What are your MFA school colors?


Wow.

Eduardo C. Corral said...

Mizz Radish King, let me guess your colors: grouchy and devil-may-care.

Radish King said...

Yes, with a pink fur trim.

Robert Vasquez said...

Dear Eduardo,

I'm fairly sure UC Irvine uses blue and gold (and brown is indeed the color for MFA degrees)--I wear the thing every other year to participate in graduation ceremonies, so I hope my memory serves me correctly.

All the best,

Robert

Penultimatina said...

Brown and orange. Gack. Fortunately my regalia is for UIC instead (but I still look like an idiot).