If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, May 05, 2008

Early Monday Morning Bits

I'm kinda of depressed. I'm really going to miss Colgate. My time here officially ends on May 31th. And when do I depart? The 24th of May. I just don't want to go.
*
Matthew Thorburn reviews Chase Twichell's Dog Language.
*
I'm borrowing the English department's digital camera this week so I can take pics of Colgate and Hamilton. I know I haven't posted any pics of my time here. I will remedy that this week.
*
Audio interview: Javier O. Huerta .
*
A cat coaster? The shame!
*
One thing I still believe is that having too narrow of an aesthetic bent is a damaging thing for a poet. Also, the belief that one's knowledge is automatically superior to another's is also dangerous. This goes for all of us not just poets. In other words, you may not be reading what you should be reading. You may not be viewing what you should be viewing. You may not be listening correctly. Let go. Let it be.
*

2 comments:

jeannine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeannine said...

Really! I mean, if you go around acting all "villainess-y" you really can't have cat-coasters lying around on your "artistic" painted garage-sale coffee table. And you should have seen the other presents - it was like a long homage to pink! Pink candles, pink bracelets, pink spa stuff...
Yes, anyone who reads my blog now knows I really a fairly girly, cat-lover, rather than a fearsome, edgy catwoman! I don't even wear black leather that often. Sigh. The truth is out there.
PS Eduardo I want to buy your book NOW! I love your work - we want it in book form, hear me publishers?