If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday Bits

Less than a month left here at Colgate!
*
Linh Dinh on border poetry.
*
..I feel confident in my work. I felt I had a breakthrough in my writing around this time a year ago, and I really started regaining the confidence that graduate school took away, or at least the confidence that a couple of teachers took away...
*
I provide the Bredle, you provide the mania
*
Submit now: Pebble Lake Review.
*
A writer I know just got a $9, 000 dollar royalty check for a book published by a university press. I'm going to have to be extra nice to this writer.
*
I clearly owe Gonzalez not only a second look, but an apology. Mr. Selinger, save your empty gestures.
*

7 comments:

Diana Marie Delgado said...

E.-- thanks for posting the "I owe Gonzalez not only a second look, but an apology" link. If not for it I wouldn't have known that any of this was going on (Mr. Selinger's review & Javier's astute commentary). I'm sorry to see that it kind of fell into a vacuum. I'm hoping that the original post and the commentary will be posted on a website/blog/forum that will allow more people access.

Amanda Auchter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda Auchter said...

Thanks for the plug, Eduardo! BTW: you know we reviewed Kevin's book, Other Fugitives, a while ago, right? It's so freaking good. I keep returning to it. Thanks so much for turning me onto his work!

Eduardo C. Corral said...

Amanda, you mean Rigoberto Gonzalez, not Kevin Gonzalez. :)

Amanda Auchter said...

Yes, that's what I meant. I'm hanging my head. =)

E. M. Selinger said...

The original posts--my review-essay and Javier Huerta's first response--are both on line over at the Latino Poetry Review. My letter back to Huerta will be up there shortly. I've also blogged back and forth a bit in response to his more recent post on the piece, and also to Craig Perez's posts on it.

The gestures may seem empty, but in any case, you can find them there.

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.