If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Last Day Bits

The Blurbs! The Blurbs!
*
Another blog tease!
*
Today is the last day for my poetry workshop. What a great bunch of students! I'm going to miss teaching here at Colgate.
*
I think Ecco should've asked Mr. Bill Knott to blurb Paul's third book.
*
Looking good, Charlie.
*
STOP THE PRESSES! Steve Fellner was the co-winner of the The Thom Gunn Award for Gay Poetry . Way to go, Steve! No longer a loser! But I'm sure you'll disagree with that statement.
*
Reading: Michael O’Brien: Sleeping and Waking. Plenty of image candy in the book. And I'm a big boy who loves candy!
*
Acentos Live!
*
Some folks have emailed asking how many classes I will be teaching next fall at Bucknell University. None! Yeah! The Philip Roth Residence in Creative Writing is a four month writing residency. No teaching. I'm there to write and to be a literary presence on campus. A literary presence? No, no, I won't be walking around with a copy of Finnegan's Wake in my hands. And I won't be standing in the middle of the student union shouting out the lines of José Montoya. I will visit English/ Creative Writing classes and meet with students interested in poetry. And I will eat pie.
*
Poem: Poem for the Adoptive Mother.
*
too cute!
*
Bynner Poetry Reading featuring Matthew Thorburn and Monica Youn.
*

2 comments:

Bill Knott said...

a blurb from me
is a K-O-D

kiss of death, that is

...
Colgate, Bucknell, that's success:
if a book of mine could ever find a publisher, i'd want a blurb from you!

—knott with no tease

Steven D. Schroeder said...

I dunno, Bill, I think my friend Aaron's book is doing pretty well. He loved his blurb, too...