If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Bits

I had a great time reading yesterday. I was a bit nervous, but I got over it quickly.
*
The room was packed. English department folk. Current and past students. Students from other creative writing courses.
*
David Eye, a third-year MFA student at Syracuse, was kind enough to drive down to come hear me read. It was a pleasure meeting him.
*
This was the first time I've ever read in front of students. I mean students from my classes. It was a bit strange. I felt like I was exposing myself a bit too much.
*
Bruce Smith paid me a high compliement: he wrote down some of my lines/ images down on a piece of paper. I do that too. But I have to be blown away to do that.
*
The above sounds egotistical!
*
Speaking of my students. My class will be giving a poetry reading at the Colgate bookstore next Tuesday. I took the class photo last week.
*
My name is misspelled on the bookstore web page: Educardo Corral.
*
After the reading a group of us headed off to a nice dinner. I had the sea bass. Very tasty.
*
The boys in my class love the work of Terrance Hayes.
*

No comments: