If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, March 22, 2008

NYC Bits

I'm still in the city. I'm sitting in an internet cafe right now.
*
On Thursday I swear I sat across from Christian from Project Runway on th F-Train! I know it was him. He was wearing a hat so his trademark crazy hair was underwraps. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I know he knew that a fellow queen recognized him.
*
So far I've bought these books:

Cecily Parks, Field Folly Snow
Ciaran Berry, The Sphere of Birds
Reginald Shepherd, Otherhood
Henri Cole, Blackbird and Wolf
Juan Felipe Herrera, 187 Reasons Mexicanos Can’t Cross the Border: Undocuments 1971-2007
and the latest issue of American Poetr Review
*
I love walking in the city. I like to sit in cafes and sip my coffee. I like to guy watch. I like to scribble in my notebook.
*
I flipped through Mark Doty's new and selected Fire to Fire and was shocked to see that he only included TWO poems from his first book in the book. Wow.
*

3 comments:

anything but poetry said...

You may already know: but you can find new hardcover poetry books (review copies)in the basement of the Strand half price...don't tell...

Matthew Thorburn said...

Great to see you today, my friend. Glad you're enjoying the city.

wondermachine said...

Doty was at Split This Rock this weekend here in DC. He read a few of his poems including "Charlie Howard's Descent" from that first book. I got some footage and put it on YouTube. The lighting's not the best, but the sound's okay.
It's at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28AYjytJHvE