If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, March 13, 2008

NYC Bits

I'm off to NYC next week. I'll be there from March 19-24. Any poetry events I should know about?
*
Dan Vera called me out. Yes, I did post about the hotness of Eliot Spitzer. But I quickly deleted it. Don't know why. I do think Mr. I'll-Pay-A-Grand-An-Hour is a very handsome man. I'm not ashamed. Okay, just a bit. But hey, I can't resist a hairy chest.
*
I'm so excited to be going to the city again. I just love walking down NYC streets.
*
And the books! I can't wait to got to St. Mark's Bookshop and spend, spend, spend. Then eat a slice (or two) at Ray's Pizza.
*
I havn't bought a new book of poems since AWP.
*
Two Poems: Mary Biddinger.
*
Mark Yakich has a new book out: The Importance of Peeling Potatoes in Ukraine. Great title, no? Click on the titles on the title page and a drawing/ sketch will pop up. Very cool.
*
Sarah Manguso has a memoir coming out in June.
*
Rosa Alcalá: Four poems.
*

6 comments:

Morgan Lucas Schuldt said...

Not true. You bought mine.

Eduardo C. Corral said...

I stand corrected! :)

Suzanne said...

If you decide take a detour while you're on the road make sure it's by way of Connecticut. xo

January said...

Have a great time in NYC!

Collin said...

Spitzer looks like Bat Boy. I'd rather bang his hooker...and you know me and vadge ain't acquainted.

Steven D. Schroeder said...

Thanks for the Anti- love, Eduardo. :-)