If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday Bits


I'm in my office.
*
I can hear the wind howling outside. I'm dreading walking home. I need to buy long johns.
*
Here the dead borrow nails for their coffins the way one bums a cigarette
*
I was invited by two theatre professors to join them and about 30 students on a day trip to Brooklyn to watch a production of Macbeth.
*
The production stars Patrick Stewart. Captain Picard himself!
*
The bus left at 7:30AM on Saturday.
*
I slept on the bus. I snored on the bus.
*
The venue: The Harvey Theatre at the Brooklyn Academy of Music.
*
Here's The New York Times review.
*
The bus arrived in Brooklyn around noon. We let the students find their own lunch spaces. We ate at a fab soup place. I had white bean soup with white truffle oil. Yummy!
*
In the old days of our family,
My grandmother was a young woman
Whose hair was as long as the river...

*
The matinee show started at 2PM.
*
We had gallery seats. The Harvey isn't a big space. About 900 seats. So even the gallery seats were great.
*
But. Oh my butt. The seats were tall and narrow like bar stools. After the first hour, my butt went numb. I was so uncomfortable I couldn't concentrate on the performances. So I just focused on the visuals.
*

2 comments:

Collin said...

Patrick Stewart is one sexy daddy man.

Booktender said...

Dang, Tito wrote a good one there.

Big stuff goin on here at the 'ol biblioteca. Let's just say your old department has been reassembled with AIS and we ALL can see outside now.

I'm gettin sunburned.