If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bitch Bit

Rigoberto blogs about The Heart That Lies Outside The Body by Stephanie Lenox, a chapbook published by SLAPERING HOL PRESS.

I've read with Stephanie in the past. I like her work. I was excited to see her chapbook at AWP. I was all ready to fork over money to buy it. But then I saw that Charles Jensen was one of the blurbers. WFT? I like Mr. Jensen. But isn't it too early for him blurb a chapbook? I didn't buy the chapbook. I just couldn't.

5 comments:

Charles said...

Stephanie invited me to blurb her chapbook. She and I met every week for about a year and worked on poems together. If you weren't turned off from buying my chapbook, you'd see me thank her in the acknowledgments. It's unfortunate that you'd let a blurb stand in the way of reading someone's work, especially someone with her talent...

Collin said...

I do hope this was an attempt at sarcasm, Eduardo. Because it doesn't come across that way.

Anonymous said...

Once eduardo publishes his own book, or chapbook even, then maybe he'll be a little more classy about such matters. Until then, every glass of wine that comes before him will taste like sour grapes.

Collin said...

I was really just curious as to how many book, chapbooks, prizes, publications, etc. one needs, in Eduardo's estimation, to blurb someone's book. Personally, I'd be thrilled to have a blurb from Charlie...as anyone should.

Eduardo C. Corral said...

Collin,

I already have my blurbers lined up for my first book. All are Nobel winners. Well, except for Jesus. He's got no Nobel. But Jesus is cool anyways.

Now, I just got to get a book.