If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Friday, January 18, 2008

Bits

Well, I'm back in Hamilton, NY. It's freaking cold! I'm so observant.
*
AWP! I'm really looking forward to attending it this year. Granted, I will be a badgeless outcast, but who cares!
*
Will you be at AWP? I hope so! I hear this writer will be there to give a "hush hush" reading! Tony, you can finally get your copy of T.D.C signed!
*
The latest installment of Boxcar Poetry Review is up. It features a conversation between Ivy Alvarez and Lee Herrick. Part two of the conversation will appear in the next issue.
*
I hope those with badges at AWP won't point at the badgeless and scream "Unclean!"
*
Have I mentioned how much I love my office?
*
Mitt Romney is sexy.
*
C. Dale will be wearing other people's badges as he walks around AWP! Must be nice to have more than one AWP badge! I should've gone to med school.
*
Did you make the list? Of course not! I did.
*
And no: Dan Brown won't be at AWP. I made that up.
*
You know that Mark Yakich book of poems, Unrelated Individuals Forming a Group Waiting to Cross? The title has been occurring to me at different moments lately. Unrelated Individuals Forming a Group Waiting to Piss. Unrelated Individuals Forming a Group Waiting for their Dogs to Piss.
*
Luna reviews Gonzalez.

6 comments:

Christopher Hennessy said...

Glad you're back! Hope to see you at AWP!

mariacristina said...

I found your blog via Deborah Adler's site. She doesn't know who I am.

Your post today is funny! Mit Romney, while not my type (he's not skeptical enough)does have a certain bushy eyebrow charm.

Good luck at AWP. It's like you're a phantom runner in a road race (no number). Are you the phantom poet?

Steven D. Schroeder said...

But so did I!

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Not me, but so what!

Hey, don't you owe me lunch?! AWP would be the perfect place/time to treat. Or, I'll let it go if you come to the Terrain.org 10th Anniversary Reading on Thursday, January 31, at Cornelia Street Cafe, 6-8 p.m.

Or maybe you don't owe me lunch after all, but could come to the reading and/or stop by the Terrain.org table (#480) where it's too expensive to afford Internet access ($450, criminy) and too expensive for a power outlet at the table ($185) so I'm hoping my extra batteries will carry the laptop slideshow through.

Oh good God, why am I bothering you with all this?! Sorry. Hope to see you there, though.

Matthew Thorburn said...

If you're sans credentials, Eduardo, are you coming to AWP in disguise?

Anthony Robinson said...

WTF?

If it's a joke I don't get it.