If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday Bits

Spent the afternoon meeting with my students.
*
It rained all day yesterday. My idea of heaven.
*
Three poems by Keith Ekiss.
*
Helena María Viramontes, Luis Valdez, Cherrie Moraga have been named 2007 fellows by the Ford Foundation. Fucking yeah!
*
Pistola!
*
Someone asked me why I wasn't blogging about my time at Colgate. What's there to say? I'm reading and writing. I'm teaching. I'm enjoying good meals.
*
A couple of days ago I emailed David Trinidad to tell him how much I'm digging The Late Show. It's a very good book. I hope to teach it soon.
*
Finished new poem.
*
They Come Home in a Torrent of Laughter and a Nubian Eunuch-Powered Litter: Shane Book.
*
Verge by Morgan Lucas Schuldt is ready for purchase. Here's Carolyn Forché's blurb:

With Verge, Morgan Lucas Schuldt voices a radical corporality, raw-nerved and searing, in sleight-of-language play and pure sound as deft and inventive as that of Joyce and Mallarmé. This is a rare and profound achievement: the body at the level of the phoneme, a gestural and musical dance of flesh, and an altogether new work.
*
Landscape with Saguaros: Keith Ekiss.

1 comment:

Matthew Thorburn said...

David T. is also a very good teacher. His workshop was the first one I took at The New School.