If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Bits


This is Taylor Lake. I walk by it everyday. It's located at the base of the hill. Two swans live on the lake. The university pamphlets refer to the swans as "Adam and Eve." Though someone told me the other day the swans are in fact two females. Eve and Eve.
*
I love the opening lyrics of this song.
*
I miss my hometown. Casa Grande. A small blister of a town. But it's my hometown. It's my blister of a town.
*
Today at dinner I pushed away my plate and started writing on the paper placemat. The ending of a poem came to me.
*
Don't order the wings at VJ's diner in Hamilton.
*
A review of two chapbooks: Pepper Spray and The Night Tito Trinidad KO’ed Ricardo Mayorga.
*
Oh! I remember loving this song when it came out. Correction: I still love it. I've been listening to it non-stop for the past two days.
*
Paul Martínez Pompa is a hottie. I don't need to run a Hot or Not post on him. He's hot like a tamale.
*
The new installment of Action Yes is up.
*
Roll on, speed-demon. Roll on in peace
*
Laurel Snyder's first book is out!
*
I noticed Sabrina Orah Mark left a nice comment on Laurel's blog. Must be nice to be the object of her affection. She's been ignoring me for years now. I guess winning a NEA grant makes a poet forget her graduate school buddies. Sigh.
*
"I heard somebody call your name from underneath our willow
I saw something tucked in shame underneath your pillow
Well I've tried so hard baby but I just cant see
What a woman like you is doing with me
So tell me what I see when I look in your eyes
Is that you baby or just a brilliant disguise..."

6 comments:

Collin said...

You are having Springsteen kinda day. lol

Sabrina Orah Mark said...

Eduardo!

Radish King said...

What exactly do you mean by came to me? I have heard other poets use this phrase and it is always unclear to me. Poems never come to me. I always have to go find them.

Eduardo C. Corral said...

Sabrina! Kiss, kiss.

Rebecca: I usually have to claw my way to ONE line. My poems come to me bit by bit. But this time the complete ending and the first few lines came to me in a couple of minutes. It doesn't happen often.

Radish King said...

Claw my way to ONE line. Yep. That's how I do it.

Hmm. What did you have for dinner?

Rebecca, Willing To Try Anything Once

Stephanie King said...

I love Bruce Springsteen.