If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sick Bits

I'm sick. Monday night I felt a tickle in the back of my throat. Tuesday I woke up with a sore throat and a headache.
*
The Autobiography of Ethel Waters
*
Don't forget: I'm reading (along with Cathy Park Hong and Aracelis Girmay) at The Cornelia Street Cafe this Saturday. The reading starts at 6PM. The $7 dollar cover charge includes one drink.
*
My voice is hoarse. I sound like this guy.
*
I really hate body chills.
*
New fall books by some heavyweights.
*
Ah, these songs take me back to my undergraduate days.
Ballerina Out Of Control
Between Something and Nothing
*
Here's a poem by Jordan Davis.

4 comments:

Oliver de la Paz said...

I miss the Ocean Blue.

Did you see them when they were in Tempe back in 96, I think?

I was there. :D

C. Dale said...

Feel better soon. Drink lots of fluids.

Anne in AZ said...

So? How did the reading go?

Molly said...

I've wandered over to your corner of the universe via other wonderful poetry blogs and want to say: hello, I am reading. I hope you feel better--it is this time of year--when we're all huddling in bed, hating autumn's season of snot. Be well.