If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Call for Submissions

Hayden's Ferry Review is looking for prose, poetry, and visual art that explore the humanity, beauty, and reality of the literary grotesque - the monstrous, the unusual, the abnormal.

Please send to: Hayden's Ferry Review (SS42),
Virginia G. Piper Center For Creative
Writing, Box 875002,
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287-5002.

Postmark deadline: January 15, 2008


I, of course, won't be sending. I'm tired of being rejected by HFR. The nerve! I've sent twice to them and both times nothing. Not even a scribble on my rejection letter! Why the hell am I promoting their call for submissions?? I should delete this post. It's HFR! Not The Paris Review! And still they reject me! The shame. The horror. I should wear a badge at the next AWP: Rejected Twice by Hayden's Ferry Review. So the ten thousand losers from the ten thousand MFA programs in the country can gleefully mock me and whisper collectively behind my back: Even I was published in HFR!

11 comments:

Jehanne Dubrow said...

Eduardo, alas! I share your shame. I too am condemned to wear the REJECTED TWICE button. How will we show our faces at AWP?!

C. Dale said...

Add me to the list. I stopped sending there years ago.

Leslie said...

And I sent months ago and....

didn't even merit a rejection.

nada.

Matthew Thorburn said...

Oh man, I have poems in to them now... Would you make an extra button for me?

barbara jane said...

I have a rejection *slip* from them. Nice to know it's not just me; does this mean I get a button too? Wait, I don't like going to AWP.

Collin said...

I've never submitted to Hayden's Ferry Review, but I'll think twice now. Or maybe not. I've been rejected three times by Poetry and yet I submit in hope from time to time.

Anonymous said...

GO SUN DEVILS!

Laters, haters!

A Poet TWICE Published in HFR

Oliver de la Paz said...

*whistles*

Brian Campbell said...

Grotesque! I love it! I have a few things that might be right down their alley (or gullets). And if I get rejected, well, it won't be for work I consider beautiful, sublime, uplifting, or other such cloying adjectives. Thanks!

Nik said...

I too share the rejection. Maybe the magazine doesn't really exist? They have only a rejection-letter-into-envelope stuffing machine. I feel I've seen the magazine, but that might just have been the machine rubbing up against me at AWP.

Daniel Olivas said...

Yes, I am a reject, too. But still I submit. And I've had two books published by ASU's Bilingual Press, no less!