If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, September 10, 2007

Bits

Each time I call my mom, while waiting for her to pick up, I'm subjected to "Beautiful Liar" by Beyonce and Shakira.
*
It's been raining for two days.
*
I've ordered this book and this book.
*
Where else can we send a poetry book for review? Where else can we send a review of a poetry book we would like to spread the word about?
*
The leaves are beginning to change.
*
My first two books were apprentice books, tryings-out.
*

1 comment:

Staggo Lee's Poetry said...

The first book interests me. I know and love Guest.

There are legions of excellent small blogs, many of which are created and/or visited by accomplished poets. I send my poetry to these, where I receive incredibly useful help. One, Outside the Lines, linked to you. Hennessy has never read what I write, but his blog is charged with information I can take to heart. With the help and knowledge I receive, I submit my poetry with great confidence to publications. (I'm still definitely small time.)

My point--there's tremendously vibrant poetry out there which flies under the radar.

Read the best; immerse yourself in the least.