If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Yaddo Bits

Last full day here.
*
I walked downtown for the last time. I sat on a park bench, and stared at the fountains, the ducks on the pond, and the lush lawns. Then I got up and kicked a duck!
*
Up next: Colgate University.
*
I went to the horse races yesterday. It was a blast. Strange though to see so many families at a gambling space. I broke even: I placed four $2 bets and won back $9 bucks on two wins.
*
Pinsky "does" C. Dale.
*
Hmm. I should do my laundry tonight. I shouldn't drag smelly clothes to Hamilton.
*
Listen: a bird-stir and the build
of God in your breath...

*
I won with horses named Holiday Trip and Facutal Contender. I also placed a bet on a horse with a gorgeous name, Symphony of Psalms, but he failed to show.
*
No: I didn't really kick a duck.
*

1 comment:

Collin said...

You motherducker, you. :)

Glad you had fun at Yaddo. Can't wait to hear your reports from Colgate.