If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, August 13, 2007

Yaddo Bits


Last week here.
*
Thanks for the postcards/ notes: Cornshake, Matthew T., Peter P., C. Dale, and J.H. Gailey.
*
Sunday I signed out of lunch, and headed off to an Indian food joint with Michelle. The roads were packed with cars so it took us some time to get to the joint. When we arrived we found out it was closed. Foul. We headed off to a fried chicken joint and found another closed sign. We ended up eating at this Thai place near the library. It was so-so.
*
I can't believe it's my last week here.
*
Alessandra Lynch and I will be reading on Monday night at West House.
*
I still haven't gone to the horse races. I better do it this week. The track has $2 bets. I'm going to splurge and spend $20 bucks. I roll like that.
*
I went swimming today for the first time. I ususally just dip my feet. But the water was so cool and silky today.
*
April Bernard left today. She's very nice. She has a great laugh.
*
After dinner I took a nap so I slept through Ron Baron's open studio. Sorry, Ron!
*

No comments: