If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Yaddo Bits

Some days I'm so happy to be here. Some days I want to pack my bags and run away.
*
Bipolar!
*
The pool party was fun. I dare not repeat what I saw. Or what I said! But I'll repeat this. A poet went for a quick swim and as she twirled in the water she noticed something rippling in the deep end. She called out to us, What's that? A few of us went to investigate, and we started to freak out. It's a snake, someone shouted. My heart froze. I fucking hate snakes. The poet got out of the pool fast. Then someone said, That's not a snake! It's a scarf! OMG! It was a scarf. We all turned to look at the poet. She was standing on the deck, soaking wet, and bent over in laughter. Yep, it was her scarf.
*
Currently reading: Transparency: Stories by Frances Hwang.
*
I need to buy another handkerchief. I lost the first one I bought ten days ago.
*
Where are my postcards? I've received three postcards since my arrival. Only three! My heart breaks each time I check for mail.
*

1 comment:

Miguel Murphy said...

what's your address there?