If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Yaddo Bits

*
I'm sad. Yes, I'm sad. Sometimes I'm ashamed to admit this. But not tonight. I'm sad.
*
The heart can only be broken once, like a window.
The heart can only be broken once, like a window.
The heart can only be broken once, like a window.
The heart can only be broken once, like a window.
The heart can only be broken once, like a window.
*
A poet last week asked me, Why is your work so beautiful? I gave the poet some bullshit answer. But here's the reason: I write beautiful poems to counter the ugliness inside myself.
*

1 comment:

Justin Evans said...

Have you ever considered adopting a sort, chubby, white hetero (and married) poet and then train him t be your toady?

If so, I am applying for the job.