If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Martin Espada's Birthday Party at the Bowery Poetry Club

Thursday, August 30th @ 7pm
MARTÍN ESPADA'S 50TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
The Bowery Poetry Club
308 Bowery (between Bleecker and Houston)
F Train to 2nd Ave., 6 Train to Bleecker Street
Hosted by Rich Villar of the Acentos Bronx Poetry Showcase
and presented by the louderARTS Project, Acentos, and Salon Lucero
Suggested Donation $5 (no one will be turned away)

An evening of poetry and Latin Jazz to celebrate a dear friend,
mentor, and compañero poeta. Readings by Yusef Komunyakaa, Gerald
Stern, Kimiko Hahn, Rigoberto Gonzalez, Sandra Maria Esteves, Patricia
Smith, and many more!

With musical guests: Bobby Sanabria and Quarteto Aché

2 comments:

Amanda Auchter said...

Apparently, I am so self-centered I will be watching myself read poems in the mirror while this fete goes down. Sigh. Little do you know I will be saving the world, curing the blind, and repairing the polar ice caps within the next 72 hours. Wanna come? ;) PS: Eva says hello.

Eduardo C. Corral said...

Hi, Eva!

Amanda, I really liked your poem on Poetry Daily. And I'm glad you can take a joke.