If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Attention Bloggers: Which One Are You?

"There are a number of poet-bloggers whose entries I read everyday. Occasionally, I'm not sure why I subject myself to some of these personalities: the-oh-so-bitchiest-in-the-world poet, the me-me-me-and-did-I-mention-me poet, the-I'm-a-failure-although-I-did-just-get-5-acceptances poet, and on and on and on."

I'm going to try to guess which poet bloggers the talented Jehanne Dubrow is talking about. Fun!

1. The bitchiest poet is easy. It's Reb.

2. Hmm. The me-me-me-me poet could be a lot of folks. Aaron Smith. Anne Haines. Amanda Auchter. All lovely but self-centred poets. But my money is on this handsome but woe-is-me blogger.

3. Another easy one: Paul Guest.

Wasn't that fun? Why don't you play along?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

for no. 2 i vote for c dale young

Reb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i saw c. dale young as all of them (except the clause that reads im a failure)

webmaster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. D. said...

(Oops, work account.)

Again: Hahahaha. Perfect.

Anonymous said...

I don't think C. Dale Young's blog fits that description any more than any other blogger, and certainly less than others at times--what's the dealio?

--and hey, isn't writing about one's life a little bit of what blogs can be about?

Eduardo C. Corral said...

Hmm. Someone has some beef with C. Dale, one of my favorite bloggers.

Bug off, Anonymous!

Anne said...

Hey, have I mentioned me lately?

:)

Jehanne Dubrow said...

Eduardo, I'll never tell!!! Although I can be bought (two words: Stuart Weitzman).

François said...

Having been to school with Amanda, I am extremely amused to see her as #2. As in, "oh, so I'm not the only one" amused.

anything but poetry said...

Enough about me, what do you think about me???

Collin said...

I guess I belong in the "me, me, me" stack with Anne and Aaron. Good company to be in. It really is all about us. ;-)

C. Dale said...

I see c dale young's blog as all of the above except for the 5 acceptances part. I mean, he barely writes 4 poems a year. And he is definitely a failure. A total failure! Hahahahahahaha. Anonymous folks can eat me.

Steven D. Schroeder said...

I easily qualify for 1 and 2. Most poetry bloggers qualify for 2. Anonymous trolls bore the shit out of me worse than poetry blogs though.

Ginger Heatter said...

Heh, definitely a ME blogger. Unabashed. Speaking of which, did you ever get that postcard I sent? I didn't see my name in lights and thought, "Wait a minute, did I remember to sign it?" And now I can't recall.

Thanks, by the way, for the link to the Miguel Murphy interview. It was an excellent read. For ME, that is. ;-)