If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Yaddo

I arrived yesterday afternoon.
*
The mansion is huge. Something like 55 rooms. I have a live-in studio on the third floor. High studio. I know I've complained about live-in studios before, but High studio is very large, and has dark wood floors, a fireplace, and walk-in closet. My desk is big. My bed is fantastic. The windows open out to the back terrace and the fountains. Gorgeous. And the mansion has so many little rooms that I can sneak into and write if I get tired of my live-in space.
*
I'm sure you're dying to know whose here. But unless I interact with them, I won't reveal names.
*
Did you know Yaddo has a pool? It does. Today is a rainy day, but I'm going to swim when the sun comes out again. Yes, you read that correctly. I'm going to show off my man boobs to the world. Though Yaddo has one strict rule about the pool: Never Swim Alone.

Last night, Anne Carson and I went bowling...Just kidding! She's not here.
*
There's a pool and ping pong table at the pool house. I'm looking forward to playing ping pong again.
*
There are six poets in residence right now. Including another contributor to The Wind Shifts anthology.
*
Cathy Bowman gave me a tour of the Yaddo grounds yesterday. She knows her Yaddo history.
*
The Yaddo grounds are beautiful. Flowerbeds, tree-lined paths, lakes, and, of course, the famous rose garden.

9 comments:

Collin said...

"Bowling with Anne Carson" is a great title for a poem. Get on that, Eduardo! :)

Anonymous said...

So you gonna blog all thru your residency? Clamp down and write more of that luminous poetry of yours. Luminous!

Signed,

Grumpy

C. Dale said...

Yeah! Buckle down and write!! But send me emails about everything there. I like previews.

jeannine said...

Enjoy Yaddo, you writing residency-superstar! And blog as much as you want, you won't hear any complaints from me.

Anne said...

It sounds wonderful! Enjoy, enjoy....

jenni said...

Stay fabulous and sniff a rose for me!

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Love the Anne Carson bit...

Francisco Aragón said...

I know who your anthology mate is. He/she is very very nice. Say hello and give my regards. Good luck with the writing.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Eddie!

Get down here. The pool is like bath water!

xoxo

Anne C.

---------------------------------------
Sent from my Blackberry Wireless Device