If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, July 30, 2007

Yaddo Bit (Favorite New Quote)

I had always been aware that the Universe is sad; everything in it, animate or inanimate, the wild creatures, the stones, the stars, was enveloped in the great sadness, pervaded by it. Existence had no use. It was without end or reason. The most beautiful thing in it, a flower or a song, as well as the most compelling, a desire or a thought, were pointless. So great a sorrow...Never then or now have I been able to look at the cloudless sky at night and see beauty there...


Hayden Carruth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Eduardo--I bet you say things like that to all the girls and boys. Loved the train ride back to the city. JW