If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Friday, July 13, 2007

Some NYC Bits

Muggy. I spent Wednesday afternoon walking around Union Square. I love all the flower stands on the street corners. I found the Strand, and once again was disappointed. The Strand sucks. Well, its poetry selection does. And the shelves are way too tall for browsing. I met Diana M. Delgado for lunch. We ate at this Thai place. My food was drowned in a good yellow sauce so I didn't really enjoy the food. The ice lemon tea was nice. Afterwards, we got a coffee and strolled around a bit. We entered a stationary store, and we were followed around by one of the store workers. Foul. We left and found a great wedge-shaped garden. We sat down and talked. Diana confessed her love for Tony Robinson. JK! I confessed my love Tony Robinson and Jordan Davis. After the park we headed off to Diana' apartment near Columbia. Her space is fab. I would love to live there. Then we met up with Rigoberto for dinner.
*
Last night I went to a black box theatre performance. The lead actor was hot. He looked a little like Anderson Cooper.
*
I ate at China Fun. I liked it!
*
Yesterday, I went to Mercer Books and I did find some books there to buy. But Housing Works was another let down. Their poetry selection is poor as an MFA graduate student. I saw Aaron McCollough's latest book on sale there. But eight bucks was way too much to spend on his poetry.
*
We spent about an hour chasing down Gotham Books only to discover that it was closed. I'd totally forgotten it closed down!
*
In the late afternoon we went to Rockefeller Center and watched the hot businessmen walk by. Hotness! We stayed there for two hours. Sad queen time.

3 comments:

Collin said...

Don't forget to go to Strand bookstore.

Peter said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. I am so envious.

And I hear you ran into Aaron!

Daniel Nester said...

You're making me miss NY!