If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, July 09, 2007

NYC/ Yaddo Bits

Tomorrow I leave for NYC. I will be there for a week before heading off to a month-long residency at Yaddo. Yes, life is hard.

I hear there's a freaking heatwave washing over the east coast this week. Damnit! I can't escape the heat.

I will be staying with my amigo Rigoberto Gonzalez.

Is "damnit" one word or two words? I'm too lazy to Google.

I haven't been to NYC since 2005. I can't wait to walk the streets, ride the subway, and eat some good food.

I'm looking forward to Yaddo. I've never stayed in a mansion. I do hope I don't get one of the big writers bedroom that also functions as a live-in studio. I had a live-in studio at Hall Farm. I want a studio! Is that too much to ask for?

I'm busying packing for my move to Hamilton, NY. Well, I'm not packing much since my future apartment is fully furnished. I'm taking about five boxes, plus my desktop computer. That's all.

Did anyone catch my little name in bold print in the current issue of Poets & Writers? It's on page 91! My mom asked me for my copy of P&W today. I'm sure she's going to mail it to her sisters in Fresno. She likes to brag a bit.

I've been writing a lot these past two weeks. Lines, images, and poem ideas are pouring out of me. I will discard 98% of this output but it does feel good to be writing again.

9 comments:

Christopher Hennessy said...

Thanks for the Aaron Smith interview link!!!!

A. D. said...

I always thought it was "dammit" with an em or "damn it" with the space.

Leslie said...

Can I send a postcard to you at Yaddo, since I forgot to mail the one I had for you at Hall Farm?

Rich said...

Oye! Will you and Rigoberto be anywhere in the vicinity of the Bronx tomorrow night? My feature cancelled on me, so it'll probably just be the core hearty Acentos crew reciting poems to each other all night. But we like new people, especially ones who are featuring for us. :-)

Let a brotha know.

Rich.

Anne said...

Dammit, I was gonna say the same thing A.D. said. Damn it all.

(I want to hear allllll about Yaddo! Next thing you'll be getting a fellowship here in Provincetown or something and I shall simply have to expire with envy.)

Francisco Aragón said...

Eduardo:
I owe you an e-mail; we need to choose a poem
for your ACENTOS/anthology reading broadside.
Perhaps you can choose three (that would fit on one page), and then I"ll make the final selection?

F

Collin said...

I'm jealous as all get out that you're going to Yaddo. I really need to get off my ass and apply. Looking forward to your tales from the manse.

Lee Herrick said...

I saw the announcement in P & W about your going to Colgate Univ...a very hearty congratulations, Eduardo. They're lucky to have you. By the way, I also really liked your poems in The Wind Shifts, one of the best anthologies around. Bravo.

Enjoy NYC.

Tayari Jones said...

I just tagged you, DAMMIT!