If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Hall Farm Bits

I'm here. High atop a hill. Surrounded by trees.

It's taken me a few days to adjust to the landscape, the humdity, and the time difference.

The pond looks so inviting. Though I hear there are leeches near the shore. But I will still swim in there. When it gets warmer. It's chilly right now, and it's been raining on and off for the past few days.

I like the rain.

Too bad I've been sleeping through my days. I stay up all night reading and reading.

I have a live-in studio. It's on the second floor of the farmhouse. Sloped roof. Wide floorboards painted white. Sunlight.

Cell phones don't work here at all. I had to buy a phonecard to call home.

Dinners are amazing: grape leaves stuffed with rice and kale, fruit cobbler, mushroom and chicken burritos, grilled moz. cheese salads, coconut and carrot soup, bell peppers stuffed with ricotta, homemade chicken pot pie.

There's a cute little dog here. He belongs to another resident.

I wake up to the sound of birdsong.

And there's a family of woodchucks that live around the farmhouse.

We're isolated. The closest "big" town is 30 miles away. And the walk down to the highway is steep. 900 feet.

If the spirit moves you, I would love to get some notes and postcards. Send to:

Eduardo C. Corral
c/o Hall Farm Center
392 Hall Drive
Townshend, VT
05353

3 comments:

Peter said...

Hope you are having a great time. Really: enjoy it, write lots!

Ivy said...

Yay, Eduardo! Have fun writing!

Anne said...

It sounds like heaven! Write good stuff and don't let the leeches bite you where it counts. ;)