If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bits

Another day. Another rainstorm.
*
Waking up to birdsong is nice. For a day or two. But now the chirping and trilling is getting on my nerves. I wish these birds would get the flu or something. Sore throats would shut them up.
*
For breakfast I had some leftovers from dinner. Corncakes smothered in homemade chilli with a bit of sour cream and salsa on top. So good. So freaking good.
*
Coffee machine is on.
*
Nerts??
*
Thank you: Suzanne, Corn Shake, and Mr. Maxton for the postcards and notes!
*
I will post photographs soon.
*
Okay, I don't want to sound ungrateful, but this my second residency and the second time I've been given a live-in studio. I really want to work in a studio, away from a bed and a night stand stacked with books and junk. I want to wake up in the moring and walk to a studio -- I want to walk to work.
*
Mmm. The coffee smells so good.
*
Sad but true: I've been re-reading some Calvin and Hobbes paperbacks, and I find myself lusting after the father. Yes, you read that correctly.
*
Two nights ago we made a fire near the pond. Well, I didn't make it. Some other people did. I just enjoyed it. Some of the residents made smores. I just roasted a couple of marshmellows. Nice time. But now I smell like smoke.
*
Whoa! The sun just burst through the clouds. Sunlight is quickly warming my hands as I type.
*

No comments: