If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Friday, May 18, 2007

Hall Farm Bits

I'm gearing up for my month-long residency at Hall Farm Center. I will be there from June 1 to June 30. That's a lot of time! I'm planning on adding three or four poems to my collection, finishing two reviews of poetry books, and to draft a couple of essays. Plus, I'm taking a small stack of novels to read:

Their Dogs Came With Them by Helena Maria Viramontes
The Interloper by Antoine Wilson
The Road to Tamazunchale by Ron Arias
La Maravilla by Alfredo Vea
*
I started work on a new poem last week. It's titled "To Robert Hayden." Hayden is so important to me as a poet. I can see his influence in many of my poems. But the poem I'm writing is not a "love" poem. It's confrontational.
*
Who wants a Hall Farm Center t-shirt?
*
Why did it take me so long to apply to colonies? I only started applying to them in 2005.
*
Only five artists are in residence at one time at Hall Farm. Hmm. This might be fun or trouble. Five people! One jackass will ruin the group dynamic. I hope I'm not that jackass.
*
Spider-Man 3 sucked. It was too long. And it had four endings. Blah.
*
I'm going to spend hours in this room. It looks gorgeous.
*
Gawd, this post is terrible. It's one big brag. I've become Paul Guest. JK! I'm not that handsome.

10 comments:

anything but poetry said...

I want a T-shirt please...Or just a postcard with the logo...

Ryan said...

Hall Farm Center looks fantastic! Congratulations!

Simmons B. Buntin said...

I think what I need is a colony where families come along, too. Just a 2-week kind of thing, since that's all I can take off work. Any suggestions?

Regardless, have a great time! It does look like a wonderful place.

Ivy said...

Wow, doesn't that room remind you of Colony Hall? Have fun there! Five people is an interesting dynamic -- like a family, with all that that entails. :-)

Diana Marie Delgado said...

I totally want one of those shirts, por favor.

cornshake said...

i want a postcard! or a real live letter!

jenni said...

Looks really beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful and inspiring time!

Anonymous said...

But the poem I'm writing is not a "love" poem. It's confrontational.

Isn't every love poem, even in some small way, confrontational?

Diane K. Martin said...

Ooh, I'm starting a full-time job. I so envy you. Get lots of poems written!

Hope we'll both be in BL...

Lee Herrick said...

I hope you have a great & productive time, Eduardo.