If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Review Bits

This artist is currently at Yaddo. A tic burrowed into his skin! Lime disease! Unclean!
*
Review of Dummy Fire by Sarah Vap
*
Aimee speaks Spanish??!!
*
I finally bought my bus ticket last night for my four-hour trek from Boston to Brattleboro, Vermont. Why am I going to Vermont? For the maple syrup. Also, Hall Farm Center is about 20 miles from Brattleboro.
*
Galatea Resurrects #6: 56 reviews.
*
This is a fun and silly MFA program blog run by some Montana students.
*
Review of Mary Karr's Sinners Welcome.
*
D.A. Powell on figurative language:
At some point in our education, a well-meaning instructor filled our heads with metaphors and similes, as well as the crucial distinction between the two. And no doubt our first attempts at poetry were filled with bad versions of both. But I'm guessing that most of us never questioned whether one mode was more virtuous than another, or whether one was somehow better suited to a particular comparison we wished to make.
*

1 comment:

cornshake said...

ah, i think he was being verrrry generous with the word "speak"...those were good times, good times.