If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Latina/o Poetry Community

ASU's Hispanic Research Center has launched a new web site: Latina/o Poetry Community. Its goals are to:

*Create an Internet-based creative exchange portal for communication among Latina/o poets, poetry and literary organizations, and others committed to Latina/o poetry

*Promote the work of individual poets from all the Latina/o heritage areas both in the United States and abroad, and increase the audience for Latina/o poetry

*Encourage greater recognition by the general public of Latina/o poetry and poets through education and outreach

This web site is long overdue. My gratitude to all those involved in creating it.

The coolest part of the web site is the poet profiles. I love poet profiles! Here is my humble profile. And here are three of my poems:

Our Completion: Oil on Wood: Tino Rodríguez: 1999
Se Me Olvidó Otra Vez
Ditat Deus

It's all about me, even when I post about community. Shame on me!

A lot of the profiles are still blank. Poets, don't keep me from your biographical information! Emmy, Diana, Sheryl, and Blas: I'm talking to you. And Reyes, I hope to see you there too!

But some profiles are already filled out:

Martin Espada
Elias Miguel Munoz
Francisco Aragon
Urayoan Noel

6 comments:

Francisco Aragón said...

Hi Eduardo:
Thank you for bringing attention to this site. HRC got an NEA grant to start this and I've been trying to help them with it when I can, but it will only flourish if the poets out there "take ownership of it" (for lack of a better term, as you have. Thanks, F

barbara jane said...

Very cool! That Latino/a poetry community gives me a lotta love.

Now I just gotta figure out how to update my profile etc.

Anonymous said...

what's up with those photos? Check out Gaspar de Alba and D. Martinez. Those pics are too funny, very 80's, very yearbook. Too too funny!

Tony R said...

Am I allowed on this site?

Ryan said...

Hi Eduardo,
Just wanted to let you know I'm back to blogging. I hope all's well; the new site looks great. Best, Ryan

Ernesto said...

How can I get involved?