If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, March 26, 2007

Tuesday; An Art Project


A couple of weeks ago I received a wonderful packet in the mail: Tuesday; An Art Project. I unwrapped the package and discovered a large set of postcards of text and images. Editor Jennifer S. Flescher has done a fantastic job with this project. I know nothing about paper quality, but the postcards feel substantial. The text pops out, and the images are beautiful.

Some of the contributors to the first installment of this art project include:
Cate Marvin
Major Jackson
Benjamin Paloff
David Rivard
Rowan Ricardo Phillips

I love what Jessica has to say about the project: "Work should be enjoyed tactilely. Poems should be kept, when loved. Passed on. Sent out."

I couldn't agree more.

I have fourteen postcards and I will mail them to the first fourteen people who leave a comment. Please don't post your address in my comment box! Email it to me, please.

You won't be sorry. The postcards are lovely.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one!

JP Parra

I'll email you my addy

Ivy said...

A poetry postcard, please. I love mail.

Alex said...

yeah, please?

Peter said...

They sound lovely.

32poems said...

Oooo, real mail. I want one!

Erin B. said...

What a fantastic idea. I couldn't agree more, too. The poem as ephemeral, yes, but also something tangible, to be held & enjoyed.

You send me mail, & I'll be sure to send you some in return.

Erin B. said...

P.S. How do I find your email address?

Artichoke Heart said...

Ooh, yes please. I would love one!

Suzanne said...

Pretty please?

poet with a day job said...

Am I really number ten? I totally want a postcard! You rock!

poet with a day job said...

PS: how do I find your email and thanks for linking to my blog "contest central." Hope its useful to you and your readers!

Leslie said...

me, me, me, Please!

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Ditto amigo. I'll ping you off-blog.

csperez said...

i want a post card please!

Steph R said...

Yes! Did I miss the deadline? I'm always missing deadlines. By the way, I'm Stephanie. :-)

32poems said...

Hi,

I am another one who can't find your email address. Do you still have mine?

Francisco Aragon said...

Hi Eduardo:

If I'm number 14 or less, I'd like to receive one.
You should be getting two copies of The Night Tito Trinidad KO'ed Ricardo Mayorga by Kevin A. Gonzalez and a third something that might be a collector's item some day.

Saludos,
Francisco