If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Joshua Kryah's Glean


Joshua Kryah's first book has just been published by Nightboat Books. Here's a sample from the book. This PDF link doesn't work on my computer, but it might work on your computer. If it doesn't, then click here to read some online poems.

I met Joshua at Iowa. Nice guy. Black glasses. He rented a house outside of Iowa City. I think he was renting Jane Mead's house. I remember attending a little get together he once threw. I remember Joshua and a female friend (Amber?) performed for our pleasure. They mangled and sang the Eurythmics' "Love is a Stranger." Oh boy. They inserted a different word into the lyrics. Gimlet? Gimplet? It was strange but lovely.

4 comments:

Blue Hole said...

I love that all of the poets who cheat in contests get a pass because they are a)nice or b)work with the mentally ill or some variation.

poet with a day job said...

I read the poems - they are quite beautiful...glad how won the award and has been able to publish them so I can buy them: which you can only do as of yet through the nightboat books web site.

Amanda Auchter said...

This is one of my favorite books to come out within the past year. Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

You can order this book on Amazon.com--