If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Amazing News

Okay, I received an email confirming my good news. I guess it's okay to spill the beans now.

I've been awarded the Olive B. O'Connor Fellowship in Creative Writing at Colgate University.

I will be spending the 2007/ 08 academic year in Hamilton, New York. I will teach one workshop a semester. The rest of my time is going to be devoted to writing.

A dream come true.

I get office space! I haven't had office space in ages! Should I tack my Smurf posters to the wall?

I had a phone interview yesterday morning for the fellowship. I was nervous as heck. It was my first phone interview. Corn Shake and Paul Guest were kind enough to give me some phone interview advice on very short notice. Thanks!

This morning I was offered the position via phone. I was asked if I wanted to take a day or two to think about it. I said, No. I accept right now. Right now!

A dream come true.

34 comments:

Ginger Heatter said...

AHHHHH!!! Congratulations, Eduardo!!!

Sheryl said...

Congratulations Eduardo!!!

Too cool. I'll still try to give you a call even though things have now changed!

Cheers!

Diane K. Martin said...

Eduardo, that's terrific. I'm so happy for you!

garylmcdowell said...

Eduardo, this is fantastic news! Congratulations. Woo Hoo!

Montgomery Maxton said...

congrats! and yes, hang up the Smurf posters.

C. Dale said...

Wonderful news. Congratulations!

Diana Marie Delgado said...

:) E, you know what I think.

Steven D. Schroeder said...

Congrats, Eduardo!

Suzanne said...

Congratulations!

Laurel said...

HOLY HELL! YAY!

Ivy said...

Yay! You star! :-)

James said...

Congrats, Eduardo! You better work those Smurfette posters.

carbonator said...

congrats eduardo, bring over your mariachi hat and cd's of rancheras. that will make at statement!

Reb said...

Yippee!

jeannine said...

Hooray, Eduardo! I hope you love it out there!

Ana Bozicevic-Bowling said...

cheers, nabes.

Collin said...

Congrats, Eduardo! I also second hanging up the Smurfs poster. :)

Anne said...

Big congratulations, you rockstar!

Artichoke Heart said...

That's definitely so rockstar! Congratulations, Eduardo! (Ha. My word verification is plugm.)

Matthew Thorburn said...

That's super news. Congratulations, Eduardo!

Oliver de la Paz said...

CONGRATULATIONS, E!


Now . . . pack tons of warm clothes. Hamilton gets quite chilly. You'll have a profound understanding of "Lake Effect" snow.

Anonymous said...

felicidades, chica! -jms

greg rappleye said...

Eduardo:

That is wonderful news!

Congratulations!

Laura Li Ziegler said...

Congratulations, Eduardo! I'm so happy for you!

Pamela said...

Congratulations!

Emmy said...

Eduardo, this is GREAT news! Congrats!

early hours of sky said...

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you my friend.

Antoine said...

Congrats--that is AWESOME.

A

Charles said...

Congratulations! Arizona's loss is New York's gain. Good luck!

anything but poetry said...

Congrats!

Stuart Greenhouse said...

Congratulations, Eduardo. Enjoy the office! & the snow.

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Great news Eduardo; congrats! Alas, Arizona and many Arizonans will miss you, but what a great time you'll have elsewhere!

32poems said...

Great news! My friend had this fellowship so let me know if you want me to get you guys in contact with one another. He's cute. LOL Congratulations!

Brian Campbell said...

Great news! Congrats!