If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Trauma In Santa Fe

E & Others,

I also received a ticket today. What's in the air?

And guess what? It's 500 dollars! Who decides these things? I was waiting for a friend to exit the video store, and I ran in to get a coffee, while I was half-way parked in a disabled parking zone. The guy came, I tried to move my car and he wasn't having it. Does anyone know how I can get out of this type of thing? I know I was in the wrong and am willing to pay, but 500 dollars ???(I don't even have that much money LOL). The obtuse man also said I would have to appear in criminal court. I don't even live in Santa Fe so I'm not sure how I'm going to manage this. And I was in a rental car. Hmm. I don't even think they charge sex-offenders this much money for ruining people's lives. But I might be wrong.

7 comments:

Stephanie King said...

$500 dollars!!!???!!! That does seem a bit excessive.

jeannine said...

Poor Eduardo - ouch!
If you show up for the court date the judge probably won't charge you the full amount, if he's having a good day, and if the cop doesn't show up for the court date and you do, that's good for you too. It might help to get a lawyer friend to argue your case - it might be worth the cost to hire someone to represent you. Yikes!

Montgomery Maxton said...

if you show up in court and say you just don't have that much money they will probably reduce it.

that is a lot of money for a ticket, did you google anything?

Diana Marie Delgado said...

all, thanks for sharing your wisdom. I did try google, to no avail. But I did call the court and they said I can write a letter and ask that they reduce the fine. They also wanted me to appear in court, which I cannot do since I'm returning to NY before the court date. I guess the letter is my last and only chance.

early hours of sky said...

I got a 500 dollar ticket and fought it and let me go without paying a thing. I did however have to wear my leather boots.

Ruth Ellen said...

i think you need to write a letter to the judge and plead poetry...

haven't touched base w/ you for a while.... hope all's better in a few days. looks like it's been most recently harrowing...

ruth-e

bookworm brown said...

Diana,

This is big bookworm from Bigger Bassett. I'd love to chat about what you're up to with your writing. Hit me, bookworm@bookwormbrown.com