If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Friday, January 26, 2007

Northern New Mexico College Needs Your Help

This post is an impromptu decision to reach out to bloggers, writers, poets, do-gooders, shut-ins, extroverts, introverts, perverts, teachers, philosophers, pugilists, and anyone else with two feet, two arms, a brain, and maybe even a heart (I lose mine all the x).

For the last two weeks, I’ve been teaching a Poetry Class on the Northern New Mexico’s College Campus in El Rito and have realized their library is nil to nada. Granted there are many helpful books in the library (I did see a collected Plath), but the library is lacking those books that you and I have read that have turned the power on, and helped us see ourselves, others, or the world(s) in neon. Fiction, History, Art (anyone have an extra Ernst book?). Basically, send anything.

I know you have extra copies of your chapbook lying around. I know you have piggishly purchased two copies of your favorite book (I do it all the x). I know you have random books that you have wanted to rid yourself of but have not found the time to journey to the garbage or your local thrift store/salvation army. I also know that the majority of people that read this award-winning blog have already published book (s) of their own so you could start by sending a copy of your authored book. And what about you lit mags?

So…

Help a college out and send x-tras or new books to:


Attn: Cecilia Romero
Northern NM College
P.O. Box 160
El Rito, NM
87530

You could even put a donation note in the book: Donated by Diana Marie Nabokov…

15 comments:

Justin Evans said...

Certainly!

I have a lot of books doing nothing which could be better served in a library. I will get on that right now. Maybe not a LOT of poetry books, but a few.

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Justin, thanks so much. The library, and the students will really appreciate your help.

Francisco Aragón said...

Hi Diana:

I'll send stuff. By the way, we need to re-connect about your piece. How's it coming along. No big rush, just want to touch base.

Francisco

Collin said...

Great post, Diana. I'll look through my shelves and try to select some stuff to send.

Matthew Thorburn said...

What a good idea, Diana. I'm putting together some poetry books to mail on Monday.

Lorna Dee Cervantes said...

Hey Diana, great idea! I've been checking out their website -- cool place, but low on the humanities beyond the hands-on arts. I'll gather what I have and put the notice up on the blog.

Let us know how that's going. hey, need a reader for your class? Just kidding, sort of. I could be persuaded to take a jaunt to one of my all-time favorite places, especially if you were going to read at the end of your session.

And, do you get to Santa Fe? You have a car? You snowed-in? You're outside of Taos, no? If you do, I have a big favor to ask involving an author's foto who lives there, if you got digital. Just a thought.

And, an excuse to reconnect -- I miss you girl! I was disappointed I didn't get to hear your new work in Texas. You going to this year's AWP? I'll be there, and in much better health.

Take care, your fan

jeannine said...

Dear Eduardo,
Is it okay to ship it Media mail?
Thanks for posting this!

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Yeah, that should be okay. They're books. Try it. It's cheaper.

Lorna Dee Cervantes said...

Library rate would be even cheaper, and more secure.

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Lorna's right.

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Lorna, I emailed you at your Colorado address. Hope you get it, I couldn't post on yr blog.

Limonada said...

Will do! Books on the way!

Stephanie King said...

Hello Eduardo, I am a fellow writer who has been visiting your blog from a friend's link. I would like to ask if it would be okay for me to link to you.

Emmy said...

Hi Diana - what a great idea! I will send some books soon! Hope you are enjoying your poetry class in NM. Cheers from here to you. --Emmy

Brian Campbell said...

A copy of my book and Francisco Santo's Selected (translated by me)...will put that on my to-do list.