If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, January 29, 2007

Elmer's Bits

Stephanie King wants to add me to her blogroll. Of course, Stephanie. You didn't have to ask. Such wonderful manners!
*
God is opening a new bottle of glue today.
*
Look at these great photographs of desert snow. Scroll down a bit.
*
Rigoberto reviews Pat Mora.
*
The University of Arizona press is going to publish some interesting books this spring. Like this one. And, of course, this book.

I just have one bit of advice for the good folks over at the press. Stop the in-house blurbing! That ticks me off. Get writers NOT published by the press to blurb the books! I don't like incest.
*
Congrats, Daisy!
*
At first I was almost sure that the speaking persona behind Jean-Paul Pecqueur’s The Case Against Happiness was a good dancer.
*
Did anyone else catch Kazim Ali on Jeopardy? It was a hoot! The host began the show by saying, " I can't remember the last time we had a poet on the show." Kazim, unfortuantly, tanked. He was $1600 in the red by the time of the first break. I blame it on the nerves, Kazim! The nerves! Though he did get most of the Latin American literature category right. Yeah!
*
Need a Website for a Reasonable Price?
*
Don't forget this contest. The postmark deadline is February 1.

3 comments:

Justin Evans said...

Alas,

I am none of these:

new
emerging
established
lesbian
bisexual
transgendered
gay
writers.

Stephanie King said...

Why thank you! :)

Oliver de la Paz said...

I caught Kazim on Jeopardy.

Su Kim, the winner, was ultra-fast on her buzzer. Also, certain categories are unfair . . . like the "C" in Football category (I knew all the answers, I'm just saying).

In defense of Kazim, he did stage a momentous comeback.