If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Bits

I'm not going to AWP this year. Bummer.
*
Commercial Break by Paul Martinez Pompa. Paul might be the most handsome emerging Chicano poet out there. He's fine. He's got some sexy tats on the back of his arms.
*
Hehe. I said "Bummer."
*
I start teaching this Friday. I hope I get an apple. Or a hicky. An apple-sized hicky.
*
The latest installment of Boxcar Poetry Review is up.
*
I'm going to apply to Breadloaf this year. What the hell. I have to experience the madness of Breadloaf at least once. I got in two years ago as a waiter, but I had to decline because of my brother's sudden wedding. I should've gone to Breadloaf instead. My brother is now divorced.
*
Francisco Aragaon interviews Elena Minor.
*
I'm looking for new blogs written by poets to read! I speed through my blogroll quickly. What cool blogs are you reading?

7 comments:

Paul said...

Damn it, Eduardo, one of these days I'm going to buy you that drink I owe you though at this point I can't really remember why, only that I promised to at some point in the receding past and AWP seems the ideal venue. But, no, you go and have things like a life and other commitments and responsibilities. I hope you're happy, young man. ;)

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you at AWP, Eduardo. No licking for you then.

Do you mean "latest" installment of Boxcar? I can't imagine it going under so soon.

anything but poetry said...

My frien RJ Gibson just started a blog. He's lovely and smart and a poet...It's called on the cusp...Here is the link:

http://rjgibson.blogspot.com/

anything but poetry said...

I know I spelled "friend" wrong in the above post, but I didn't feel like erasing the post and retyping it...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Noooo! Say it isn't so, Eduardo. I was really looking forward to chatting with you in Atlanta.

This is a tragedy.

Anonymous said...

My blog is entirely committed to poetry. I just started, so there is not much poetry. I hope you enjoy (just click on my name).

Anonymous said...

My blog is entirely committed to poetry. I just started, so there is not much poetry. In the next few days, I will be posting multiple poems. I hope you enjoy, and let your friends know (just click on my name).