If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Work Song Bits

I spent Saturday morning helping my brother-in-law wheelbarrow cement. Damn, cement is heavy! I almost lost control of the first few wheelbarrows. He's building a back porch and I helped pour cement for the new slab. I sound so butch! My momma must be so proud.
*
I'm listening to Billy Joel. I have no idea why.
*
Work Song. This is my favorite Mark Levine poem. Though Willow from his new book is a close second.
*
Charlie Jensen is for sale. Not by the hour. And not by the inch. But you can purchase Living Things, his latest chapbook.
*
I'm feeling so much better. I can hear out of right ear again. Ah, the music of the ordinary!
*
I should've worn gloves Saturday morning. My hands are still raw.

2 comments:

C. Dale said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better and hear again. You had me a little worried.

Justin Evans said...

Eduardo:

It's been years since I've done any real work. My hands would probably be shredded if I tried to work these days.