If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, December 04, 2006

Bits

C. Dale lost his copy of B.P. Kelly's To the Place of Trumpets, her first book which won the Yale. I read this book once. Well, I didn't really read it. The campus library at the University of Illinois in C/U had a copy in its special collections. I asked to see it. And since I wasn't a student the lady behind the desk had me read it in an office, with her sitting a few feet away. Needless to say, I couldn't really read the poems with her glaring at me. I just flipped through it and tried to absorb as much as I could. Too bad. But as you can see, copies of this book are rare and expensive!
*
I'm feeling better. But my ears still hurt. And there's lime-green stuff coming out of my nose.
*
Jordan, has a stalker? Really? How odd.
*
Let me take this moment and thank the people who are writing letters of rec for me. Thank you! People always ask me: why don't you have your teachers from Iowa write letters for you? Well, because I didn't really get to know any of my teachers. Except for Marvin Bell. And he's semi-retired. I wouldn't feel comfortable asking the Iowa teachers for letters. I don't think my writing impressed them. And quite frankly, their teaching didn't impress me. Except for Marvin Bell.
*
My ears just popped!
*
Should I go to AWP Atanta? I'm still thinking about.
*
Is the rumor true? Has Fence Books joined the participating list of publishers for the National Poetry Series?
*
The Cypress Trees are Talking Now: what a cool blog name.
*
In
the
pines,
the
wind
rehearses
its
vows.
You
there
too,
where
shadows
grow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a 14-word english sonnet? Eduardo you are my new best friend. Cheers!

Suzanne said...

Green is not good. Not good at all. You should get to a doctor. And drink plenty of fluids. Call your mom!

Collin said...

Of course you should come to AWP in Atlanta. Don't think twice.