If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Flu Bits

Body aches, fever, sore throat, headaches...I've got a flu. Yuck.
*
Corn Shake is blogging from the MacDowell Colony. She keeps getting lost in the dark. It does get very dark there. Like she says, the paths leading to and from the main house cut through a forest. It is scary! I ran to my studio at night. I ran right through a meadow instead of gingerly walking the curvy path that led to my studio. Once I screamed like a sissy in the dark because I thought I saw a ghost. It was just pale moonlit moss on a tree. Damn moss.
*
What You Do

when nobody's looking
in the black sites what you do
when nobody knows you
are in there what you do

when you're in the black sites
when you shackle them higher
in there what you do
when you kill by crucifixion

when you shackle them higher
are you still Christian
when you kill by crucifixion
when you ice the body
*
Mucus! My body is producing an alarming amount of mucus. It's gross.
*
I'm reading the latest issue of 32 Poems. James Arthur has a kick-ass poem in the issue. Does anyone know him? I hear he's hot.
*
Charlie is also at a residency. He's at Casa Libre in Tucson. I hope he posts more pics of his suite. And a pic of him showering.
*
One minute I'm cold; the next I'm hot.
*
I asked my students to write love poems. One young lady wrote: "He saved my life/ like an angle."
*

8 comments:

jeannine said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you've got the flu! Lots of hot ginger tea and tylenol, rest up. Feel better soon!
You know, I guess an angle could save your life, the right angle at the right time?

Anonymous said...

Yuck. The flu is horrible. I hope you feel better soon!!

Charles said...

Friend, I, too, am sick! Came down with a cold yesterday, which means today I will actually focus on getting work done because I do not want to leave the studio.

Let's feel better soon.

Anne said...

Drink lots of OJ and sleep for at least 16 hours. And feel better soon!

Diana Marie Delgado said...

E,

I hope you feel better.

Diana Marie Delgado said...

E,

Considering the snarky ass email you just sent me I'm going to have to say you're not 100 sick.

Suzanne said...

I'm sorry to hear you are sick. Get well soon!

John Gallaher said...

James Arthur's travel blog, if you haven't already seen it:

http://www.jamesarthurtravel.blogspot.com/