If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, October 30, 2006

Submitting Bits

Err..is this thing on?
*
Check out the cover of Corn Shake's second book.
*
I'm preparing to send out my collection for the first time this week. Yes, you read that right. For the first time.
*
I love what Christina Davis says about publishing her first book in the latest issue of P&W: I was the real impediment to getting published. For years I kept not sending a manuscript out, thinking it had to be the End All Be All. One day, while sifting through several books I loved, I realized I only continually returned to a fraction of the poems in any given collection. It was profoundly liberating to feel that perhaps all I needed were four or five good poems. With that revelation, I sent the collection to Alice James.
*
Dave Lucas strikes again.
*
Rigoberto Gonzalez will be blogging for the Poetry Foundation starting November 6th.
*
I sending out to... Wait, I can't tell you that.

3 comments:

Jordan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Rigoberto Quien?

Anonymous said...

ew