If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Friday, October 06, 2006

Aaron Smith Interview

My interview with Aaron Smith is now live. Aaron is a great interview subject: witty and articulate.

Here are two of my favorite snippets from the interview:

"My favorite drag name is Helluva Bottom Carter."

"I didn’t study with Creeley. I met him at Vermont Studio Center in May 1998. I had just finished graduate school and had gotten a residency there. The last thing in the world I wanted to do was write, but I managed to write two poems that made it into the book (“Cher Uncensored” and “Valedictory”). Creeley was there for four days and several of us really connected with him."

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a great interview!

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Aaron and I did a reading at Columbia. He was really nice.

Anonymous said...

I luv u diana marie. . . mm

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Oh brother! who is mm? or was that supposed to be mmm...

Collin said...

Great interview, E.

Peter said...

Great interview, Eduardo. Thanks for the link.