If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, September 23, 2006

from The Man Who Would Marry Susan Sontag

"Frank [O'Hara] was painted by a number of artists but none captured his penis as I remember it. Though nothing to be ashamed about, it was remarkable not for it's size, but for it's...."

What a way to tease a reader! Does anyone have this book? This quote is on page 95! Tell me! What was remarkable about O'Hara's penis???

4 comments:

anything but poetry said...

I actually do have this book and was just reading that paragraph the other day. I don't have it in front of me, but apparently O'Hara had a lot of...

Ivy said...

Anticip...(say it!)...ation.

anything but poetry said...

"but for his long, loose foreskin, which seemed designed for a much larger organ, and gave it the appearance of a horse cock...."

Page, 83. The Man Who Would Marry Susan Sontag.

This is a terrific book. Edward is so real and smart and honest...

Collin said...

I had the pleasure of meeting and hearing Edward read from this book over the summer. He was brilliant...and oh so candid. lol