If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Bits

Morgan has some good news.
*
I'm a little behind on email. I've been busy reading student thesis statements. Correction: I've been busying correcting student thesis statements.
*
Wanton Textiles. Get your needle on!
*
...the man with some of the most beautiful eyes on the planet..
*
Ivy, I also miss MacDowell. I'm going to apply again next year. Keeping my fingers crossed.
*
I'm trying to get in touch with something that can't be accounted for by my gender, my race, my ethnicity, my class, my historical moment. Those all figure into it. But the math isn't what we think it is. It isn't like, Oh, you're this gender, you're this race, so you should write this kind of poetry. Poems are unaccountable.
*
C. Dale, there's another poet out there with amazing eyes: Mark Conway. I think you would dig his first book.
*
How to marry Lorca and R. Hayden? I tried to force this union in my first collection. There, I said it.
*
Waiting for my copy to arrive.
*
Title of a new poem: The Kingdom-Cage.
*
I live in a world where watermelon snow exists. Praise.

1 comment:

Zachary Jean said...

Hey stranger! It's been a billion years since we chatted, I know but I miss our words [!]... are you going to Dodge this year? WOuld be lovely to see you there =D