If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bitch Bits

*
I'm sick of hearing about rejections. My collection was rejected again! The Kenyon Review told me to suck it! These kinds of posts tell me one thing: publication man-hos can't get enough. Wait, that might be harsh. I should remove that. But I won't. And even though a pity-me-post is beautifully written and ends with an affirmation it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
*
Does Jeffrey Levine hate me? When you google "Tupelo Press" one of the first hits is one of my posts with the header: TUPELO PRESS MUST BE STOPPED!
*
Some poets use blogs to garner sympathy. Sad.
*
Why am I in a bad mood?
*
Someone arrived at my blog by googling: "john Gallaher" + "gay." John, do you have something to tell us?
*
If you're going to whine about your rejections at least tell us which contest/ journal rejected you. That's the best part.

8 comments:

Collin said...

Eduardo, I suggest you read my new post. It will clear up all your feelings of bitchiness and bitterness. Plus, you get your choice of pills. ;-)

Charles said...

Poop face!

Tony said...

Oh hush!

jeannine said...

Dear Eduardo,
I know this sounds corny, but I think we should have compassion on each other - after all, who else can celebrate with us, or help encourage us when we are down, if not other writers? I do agree that more gossip should always be included in such posts.

Justin Evans said...

Because I am a mindless follower, these are some of the places which have recently rejected me:

Puerto del Sol
GSU Review
Crab Orchard Review
Cutbank
Mid American Review
American Literary Review
Alaska Quarterly Review
Missouri Review
South Dakota Review
Colorado Review
Idaho Review
Concho River Review
Chattahoochie Review
West Branch
Laurel Review
Southern Poetry Review
River Styx
jubilat
Margie (though I got a warm fuzzie here)
Third Coast
weber Studies
Hiram Poetry Review
Heliotrope
Grasslands Review
Red Cedar Review


Mind you, there are others, but these are the ones logged in at Jeff Bahr's database. Remember, I don't keep either my rejection letters or acceptances.

John Gallaher said...

"John Gallaher" + "gay"? And they came up with your blog? Hmm. I'll have to mention "gay" a few times on my blog then. Get the hit counter rolling.

Diane K. Martin said...

Hey Eduardo,

I'd much rather post that my collection made it and was going to be published than post that I lost out once again. Why should it bother you? Sometimes a person wants -- not pity--but commiseration. Sometimes poet wants the comfort of friends. Sometimes you just want to tell the world you don't completely suck and will someday be worthy of their attention.

Ron Mohring said...

I've met John Gallaher. And I'm gay. As a goose. What do I win?