If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Friday, August 04, 2006

Recent Fave

The 10:15 to Cambridge

Maybe twin violets have reasons.

A cancelled check
flutters to the floor, a fire-singed moth...

The ticket he sent, folded
& folded again. Salt smell of his inner pocket.

They say there's a world
that keeps on coming up with Springs--can you count

the times you've seen it
on one hand?

But I wish you the swirling grace of London swans.

That the on-coming train
was a pack of the shyest white horses.

Louise Mathias, originally published in The Laurel Review.

3 comments:

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Like it.

Sam of the ten thousand things said...

I really like the form of this. Lends extra punch to the imagery. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

the writing is competent but I found the images tame and derivative--they didn't lead me anywhere. I could get specific but that would be bitchy.