If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Need a Diana Marie Delgado Fix?

Calling all DMD fans and/or stalkers. DMD will be reading tomorrow in NYC. NYC! She's a fancy lady. Penthouse and all. Did I spell "penthouse" correctly? I'm a terrible speller. Wait, this isn't about my poor education. DMD is reading tomorrow! The reading looks interesting, no? Latino and Hispanic American poets! Hispanic American? Oh, boy. But I'm not here to judge. Really. *Snort*

Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah. DMD is reading tomorrow! Did I spell "tomorrow" correctly? I bet there's going to be a good amount of Latino hotties in the audience tomorrow. Diana, keep your eyes open for studs! Sigh. I miss Latino studs. All the studs around here call themselves Chicano. What's up with that?

Walt Whitman: South and North

An Evening of Contemporary Latino and Hispanic American Poets, plus
North Americans with connections to Latin America.

Join us as we conclude the weeklong tribute to the poetic legacy of
Walt Whitman. Thus far slated to read are Fish Vargas, Lidia Torres,
John Murillo, Tara Betts, Aracelis Girmay, Diana Marie Delgado, Diana Gitesha Hernandez and Jesus "Papoleto" Melendez. Hosted by Rich
Villar and the Acentos crew.

The Cornelia Street Cafe
29 Cornelia Street
between Bleecker and W. 4th Street (near 6th Avenue)
A, C, E, B, D, F & V trains to W. 4th Street Station
$6 (includes free drink)

Directions:
At the West 4th Street Station, exit at the West 3rd St. side. Walk
one block north on 6th Ave. to W. 4th St. Make an acute left at W.
4th St. onto Cornelia St. For a map and further directions, visit
www.corneliastreetcafe.com and click "Directions."

3 comments:

Diana Marie Delgado said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diana Marie Delgado said...

Had to delete that first comment. I have problems with verbage. Anyway. Thanks for bolding my name. It's a turn on. Agreed with the labels. I've thought about telling people I'm Mexica, Italian & Asiatic and ask them what I should call myself. It will be like Jeopardy, only less Trabek.
******************************************

Good idea. Someone should stalk me already.

Rich said...

Eduardo:

You should know that I had nothing to do with the "Hispanic American" designation. I just hosted the darn thing. Me? Well, I fancy myself a Latin Ricky Ricardo. *snort snort*

Pues. The reading came off extremely well...Diana read like the mighty force that she is. As did the other folks. I was very pleased with how it came out.

Now then...the question is, when will we finally get YOU out to Acentos in the Bronx? We would love to hear you...and I know Oscar was trying to chase you down for a minute. I'm the current host and curator for the series, and I would be thrilled (yes, THRILLED!) to talk to you about your future travel plans. Please drop me a line at rich@louderarts.com, even if just to chat.

Thanks much, man! Love the blog.

Saludos,
Rich Villar
Acentos