If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Friday, July 14, 2006

Some Responses

Rebecca: Mean Girl? Me? Thanks!

Steven: Review copy? Good luck. And I have no idea what happened to 14. Maybe it's hovering near C.Dale's crotch. Like a ruler.

Collin: the guy who wrote the ass-kissing email wrote me another email telling me how much he liked this post. Go figure. I hope he's a top.

Justin: Thank you once again for the letters. Marvin Bell is a wonderful poet and teacher. He taught for many years at Iowa. You should read some of his essays in his book "Old Snow Just Melting." Wait, I think that book is out of print. But some of the essays were reprinted in "A Marvin Bell Reader."

Charles: Back off! Justin is mine. But we can share that ho, James.

Daniel: I'm NEVER erasing this post. I feel like you've just kissed my cheek!

Laurel: Kiss, kiss. Latino is a panethnic term. Chicano refers to politicized Mexican Americans.

3 comments:

Justin Evans said...

For my birthday, I just ordered Bell's, Nightworks: Poems 1962-2000.

I am truly ashamed to admit the only poems of his I have read have been from anthologies. I must be the least read poet in the world.
(Double meaning not intended but probably true.)

I'm happy to be your toady, though I am, eternally, my wife's bitch.

Becky..Absent Minded Housewife said...

That's spelled "biatch" Justin.

Love,

Your Wife.

Laurel said...

Justin,

Marvin is way underrated. There's a long complicated story ( I made up in my head but it might be true) about how that happened. But he's good stuff. The real deal.

xoL