If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bits

*
I've been a bad blogger recently. O well.
*
I know Paul Guest's secret. Hint: Pasties.
*
Kate Greenstreet's first book interviews are freaking great. Simmons B. Buntin is the latest poet in her series. Simmons mentions me near the end. I come off sounding like a total bitch. Yeah!
*
Casa Grande now has its own hipster coffee shop. The end is near. Though the chai latte is not bad.
*
Paula, why don't you email me?
*
First Night by Richard Tayson.
*
Currently reading:
A Mnemonic for Desire: Steve Mueske
What to Eat, What to Drink, What to Leave for Poison by Camille T. Dungy
*
And no, Peter. That's not Rigoberto on the cover of his latest book. The guy on the cover is his gardener. His name is John Olivares Espinoza.
*

5 comments:

Charles said...

J.O.E. is going to KILL you for that! LOL

David E. Patton said...

I hope that you can find the time to read my chapbook, it can be found on line at
http://www.starfishpoetry.net/pattonmbmosl.pdf

Oliver de la Paz said...

"The guy on the cover is his gardener. His name is John Olivares Espinoza." = ROFL!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh! Here comes the wisecracks. I don't know if that's a bad or good thing. I guess that's a good thing if I've never met you and you get the joke--then you've read my work! But if I know you, then I feel like I'm in a jr. high school yard. "Quit making fun of me, guys!"

Charlie's right: I'm going to kill you Eduardo before you publish your book. Then I'll have Arte Publico publish it.

If Rigo had a gardner, I'm sure he'd be white. My brother had a white gardner. We'd sit and sip rum and cokes by the living room window and watch him--'cause we never thought we'd see a white gardner work for a Mexican. We did a better job.

What is "ROFL"?

For the record, the guy on the cover, that's The Tick's Mexican sidekick--Arturo. Let's see who gets that one.

J O E

JenD said...

I'm slacking off reading blogs, Eduardo. I had to laugh at this also, sorry to John. I wish there was someone as funny as you working at my library now.

Jenny